Country House Breaks offer a flexible way to enjoy some of Britain's most scenic areas. Ideal for self-guided walking, cycling or sightseeing.
The rolling hills of the South Downs stretch across the counties of East and West Sussex, offering some of Sourthern England’s best walking and sightseeing.
Highlights of your stay could include
- Self-guided walks along the crest of the South Downs or through the gently rolling landscapes of the Sussex Weald
- Cosmopolitan Brighton for excellent shopping, relaxing on the beach, or visiting the elaborate Royal Pavilion
- Birdwatching at the Arundel Wetland Centre, run by the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust. Stunning scenery, 60 acres of ponds, lakes and reedbeds and many hundreds of spectacular wildfowl
- Arundel Castle, an ancient castle and stately home of the Dukes of Norfolk, dating from Norman times with fine collections of furniture, paintings and armour
Great value. What’s included
- Full Board accommodation
- All the Country House facilities
- Country House Break Guide – full of information about local attractions, activities and suggested itineraries to help plan your holiday
- A free Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 scale Explorer map of the local area for every booking
- Self-guided walk directions can be downloaded from this website. Further maps and guidebooks are available at Abingworth Hall
The Country House Break guide
- Suggestions for local walks and cycle rides can be downloaded from this website
- Comprehensive list of visitor attractions such as houses, gardens, boat trips, museums & galleries
- Ideas and contacts for more active options such as kayaking and pony trekking
Want more flexibility? Click HERE for Bed and Breakfast only vacancies.