Freedom Breaks offer a flexible way to enjoy some of Britain's most scenic areas. Freedom Breaks offer a flexible way to enjoy some of Britain's most scenic areas. Ideal for self-guided walking, cycling or sightseeing.
From our Country House at Conistonwater there are huge selection of walks and places of interest within easy reach.
Highlights of your stay could include:
- Self-guided walks in the Lake District – perhaps to picturesque Tarn Hows or the nearby peaks of Wetherlam and the Old Man of Coniston
- Grizedale Forest with forest walks, mountain bike trails and orienteering courses, and the brand new ‘Go Ape’ high wire adventure course
- Rydal Mount and Dove Cottage, where William Wordsworth lived, and nearby Rydal Water and Grasmere
- Windermere Lake Cruises with a range of trips to enjoy the magnificent views of the mountain scenery.
- Brantwood, home of John Ruskin on the eastern shore of Coniston Water.
- The Beatrix Potter Gallery with an exhibition of the author’s original illustrations offers something for both adults and children
Great value. What’s included:
- Full Board accommodation
- All the Country House facilities
- Freedom Break Guide – full of information about local attractions, activities and suggested itineraries to help plan your holiday.
- A free Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 scale Explorer map of the local area for every booking.
- Self-guided walk directions can be downloaded from this website. Further maps and guidebooks are available at Monk Coniston.
The Freedom Break guide covers:
- Suggestions for local walks and cycle rides can be downloaded from this website
- Comprehensive list of visitor attractions such as houses, gardens, boat trips, theme parks, museums & galleries
- Ideas and contacts for more active options such as kayaking, wind surfing and pony trekking
- Details of local facilities such as swimming pools and sports centres