Country House Breaks offer a flexible way to enjoy some of Britain's most scenic areas. Ideal for self-guided walking, cycling or sightseeing.
From our Country House at Whitby there are huge selection of walks and places of interest within easy reach.
Highlights of your stay could include:
- Self-guided walks on the North York Moors or along the coast to the quaint fishing villages of Staithes and Robin Hood’s Bay
- The Whitby to Scarborough cycle trail, adjacent to Larpool Hall, offers miles of traffic-free cycling and beautiful coastal views
- Whitby’s bustling harbour - climb the town’s famous steps, with their Dracula connections, to the ruined abbey on the headland
- The Stephen Joseph Theatre in Scarborough, home to the renowned playwright Alan Ackbourn, with two theatres, a restaurant and shop
Great value. What’s included
- Full Board accommodation
- All the Country House facilities
- Country House Break Guide – full of information about local attractions, activities and suggested itineraries to help plan your holiday
- A free Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 scale Explorer map of the local area for every booking
- Self-guided walk directions can be downloaded from this website. Further maps and guidebooks are available at Larpool Hall
The Country House Break guide
- Suggestions for local walks and cycle rides can be downloaded from this website
- Comprehensive list of visitor attractions such as houses, gardens, boat trips, theme parks, museums & galleries
- Ideas and contacts for more active options
- Details of local facilities such as swimming pools and sports centres
Want more flexibility? Click HERE for Bed and Breakfast only vacancies.