"A most enjoyable holiday, something for everyone" Mrs C Bell
Our Discovery Tours really get into the heart of the countryside. These are sightseeing tours by minibus, visiting places not normally reached by a full-sized coach. Small groups and friendly leaders make this a great way to enjoy Britain at its best.
Larpool Hall is in a wonderful location above the River Esk, near the historic fishing port of Whitby. It is ideally placed to enable us to visit the unspoilt North Country with its wild moors, picturesque fishing villages, bustling market towns and the beautiful Hambleton Hills.
- The spectacular North Yorkshire coast with wide sweeping bays like Robin Hood’s Bay, contrasting with the high cliffs of Kettleness and Runswick Bay
- The picturesque village of Hutton-le-Hole where sheep roam freely around the village green, and with a fascinating folk museum
- The village of Goathland – Heartbeat Country
- The beautifully peaceful Mount Grace Priory and the busy little market town of Pickering, with its castle and medieval church wall paintings
- Rievaulx Abbey looming out of the depths of the Rye Valley
Great reasons to join us
- Great value: all prices include Full Board en-suite accommodation, plus five full-day mini-coach tours, with plenty of stops at places of interest and short walks of up to 1½ miles
- Knowledgeable leader: learn more about the history and landscapes of the North York Moors from your knowlegeable leader
- Accommodation: 4-star Larpool Hall stands in charming grounds with delightful views over the Esk Valley
- Sociability: we pride ourselves on the social atmosphere of our holidays - explore together, eat together and relax together