The difficulty range for this holiday:
A journey into the heart of South Africa in some of the best walking environments in the world.
See the spectacular cliffs, gorges and valleys of the Drakensberg mountains, the Zulu homelands and the history of the battlefields of the Anglo Zulu wars, the wildlife and coastal reserves in Maputaland and the Elephant Coast.
- Walking in the mighty Drakensberg mountains, know to Zulus as the ‘Barrier of Spears’
- Explore both the northern and central Drakensberg, including walks to Tugela Gorge and the Contour Path
- Visit the battlefields of Isandlwana & Rorke’s Drift with a specialist guide to bring the story of the battles to life
- Spot elephants, hippo, crocodile and bird life on a cruise on Lake Jozini and a guided bush walk
- Visit a Zulu village
- Stay in a collection of luxurious country lodges in spectacular locations
- Enjoy excellent South African cuisine and hospitality
- 10 nights’ accommodation in en-suite rooms
- Full Board from lunch on day 2 to breakfast on departure
- A full programme of guided walks led by a local tour director and local guides
- All sightseeing and entrance fees
- Travel by air-conditioned coach/minivan