The difficulty range for this holiday:
Journey south to north, discovering Vietnam’s variety of landscapes, cultures, sights and flavours. Chaotic Saigon, with its remnants of the Vietnam wars. Beaches, coastal forests and echoes from the ancient empires of the coast. The beautiful landscapes of Halong Bay and around Sapa. The historic city of Hanoi.
The luxury boat cruising in Halong Bay won our Best Worldwide hotel 2011 award, based on guest feedback.
- Cruise on Halong Bay and stay overnight
- Modern history such as the Viet Cong tunnels at Cu Chi and the ‘frozen in time’ Reunification Palace
- Historic cities and ruins of the coast – Hoi An, My Son and the imperial city of Hué
- Excellent walking in the northern hill tribe areas around Sapa, with an overnight train journey
- City walks in Ho Chi Minh City, Hue and Hanoi to discover contrasting but distinctly Vietnamese places
- Excellent hotels, all 4- and 5-star city hotels or resorts
- Delicious Vietnamese cuisine
- 12 nights’ accommodation in en-suite rooms, plus 2 nights on board train, and 1 night en-suite cabin on our luxury bhaya
- Full Board from dinner on arrival to breakfast on departure, except for 1 lunch on the free day in Hanoi
- A full programme of guided walks led by a local tour director, local guides, and HF Holidays’ leader
- All sightseeing and entrance fees
- Travel by air-conditioned coach/minivan and train journeys