The quality assessment logo next to HF Holidays’ Country House accommodation means an official Quality Assessor has visited the accommodation and given it a rating.
HF Holidays’ Country Houses are independently inspected annually by VisitEngland, VisitWales and VisitScotland. The external assessment determines the star rating of our facilities and services. This includes the quality of welcome and hospitality, food and cleanliness of our accommodation. The stars reflect the facilities and overall quality of the experience.
HF Holidays’ UK Country Houses are assessed as guest accommodation. Guest accommodation properties are likely to be smaller than hotels with perhaps more of a family home feel and approach, and a less structured service.
3-star guest accommodation cannot be compared to a 3-star hotel, as different criteria apply. Lower star rated accommodation may still offer high quality, but does not meet all the facility and service expectations of the higher star ratings. The Quality Assessor visits as a 'mystery guest' to give the opportunity to test aspects of the guest experience such as the welcome, the comfort of the bed, the food and the cleanliness.
HF Holidays UK Country Houses have all been externally assessed for their quality and each have been awarded the Walkers are Welcome award. This recognises that our accommodation meets the needs of walkers.
Facilities and services
- A separate space is available for drying outdoor clothing and footwear, so clothes can dry overnight
- Boot scrapes at main doors and/or access to facilities with water supply for cleaning boots and outdoor clothing
- First Aid kit is available
- Food and drink
- Hot and cold drink making equipment and ingredients are provided
- Evening meal available
- Early or packed breakfast available (from 7am) (continental acceptable)
- Packed lunch available (an extra charge may be made)
- Flask top-up service available