Corbett Bagging at Glen Coe
Code: LLCORPrint page
Difficulty is measured on many factors such as distance, ascent/descent, terrain, weather and more. There's no magic formula, but from our experience we use yellow for easy, orange for medium and red for hard. Challenger holidays require a high level of fitness and stamina.
Lying between 762m (2,500ft) and 914m (3,000ft), the Corbetts are Scotland’s hidden gems. Not as high as the Munros, this means the routes exploring them are less trodden and we can enjoy their peace and tranquillity and a real sense of the Highlands.
The six Corbetts in this holiday treat you to excellent views of the bigger mountains whilst bagging a new top each day. We'll traverse superb ridges and wander through some wonderful glens.
- Head into the heart of the Ardgour peninsula with fantastic views of Scotland's west coast extending to the Cuillins of Skye, Ben Nevis and Ben More in Mull
- Visit the unique character of Glen Roy with its internationally famous geological Parallel Roads
- Explore Bridge of Orchy, with tremendous views of Ben Lui, Ben More and Ben Cruachan
- Finish in the iconic Glen Coe pub, the Clachaig, and celebrate the Corbetts we’ve bagged during the week
Great reasons to join us
- Great value: all prices include Full Board en-suite accommodation, a full programme of walks with all transport to and from the walks, plus evening activities
- Great walking: explore some of Scotland’s hidden gems – the Corbetts − in the company of our experienced leader
- Accommodation: our country House is equipped with all the essentials – a welcoming bar and relaxing lounge area, a drying room for your boots and kit, an indoor swimming pool, and comfortable en-suite rooms
Alltshellach is a fine highland residence, situated on the dramatic shores of Loch Leven. With magnificent mountain views, excellent accommodation and a superp indoor pool, it's extremely popular with all outdoor enthusiasts.
Alltshellach has 37 bedrooms, all located in the main building. Many of the rooms enjoy excellent views of the loch and the surrounding mountains.
Choose your room
• Check-in from 2:30pm
• Comfortable accommodation
• En-suite bathroom with bath or shower
• Tea and coffee-making facilities
• Single rooms are available at no extra charge
• Check-in from 1:30pm
• Enjoy extra space or exceptional views
• Toweling robe, complimentary slippers
• Same facilities as our classic rooms
• Available from an extra £10 per person per night
• Check-in from 2:30pm
• 3 or 4 beds
• Same facilities as our classic rooms
• Full sized twin or double beds for adults and bunk or occasional beds for children
|• Excellent boot and drying rooms
• Three lounges
• Multi-purpose ballroom
• Highland bar
|• Free WiFi is available in some public rooms
• Range of board games and books
• Heated indoor swimming pool
• Extensive gardens with views and access to Loch Leven
|All holidays at our Country Houses are full board accommodation including evening meal on arrival to breakfast on the day of your departure. All of our Country Houses have a well-stocked bar serving local beers, wine and spirits.
√ Start your day with our extensive breakfast.
All of our bars are stocked with locally sourced drinks so you can really soak up your surroundings.
- Fire procedure is displayed in each room and explained to guests on arrival. Guests requiring assistance at an evacuation are identified at this time and door hanger cards are issued on request
- A small fridge is available for storing medication Good signage for fire escape routes
- One bedroom key issued per room (second key available on request)
- Assistance dogs accompanying visually or hearing impaired guests are welcome; dogs must be kept on a lead or harness at all times
- Information can be provided in large print
- Staff has had disability awareness training
Saturday: arrival day
Sunday: Garbh Bheinn (Rough Hill) 867m
Starting at Caolasnaacon on Loch Leven we ascend the ridge to the summit of Garbh Beinn with superb views of the North Face of the Aonach Eagach and the Mamores. The traverse of the ridge is completed by joining the West Highland Way into Kinlochleven. 5½ miles (9km) with 2,800ft (860m) of ascent
Monday: Beinn Mhic Mhonaidh (Hill of the Son of the Moor) 796m
Starting at the Falls of Orchy (Eas Urchaidh) we follow a forest track onto the stony summit above Glen Orchy with its rarely seen views of Ben Cruchan, Ben Lui and Ben Starav. The descent is due south down Glen Strae ending on an estate track finishing near Dalamally. 11 miles (17km) with 2,900ft (900m) of ascent
Tuesday: Beinn Resipol (The Old Norse Homestead) 845m
We take the Corran Ferry across to the Ardgour peninsula leaving the main road near Strontian to ascend the prominent summit of Beinn Resipol with one of the finest views along the west Highland coastline extending to the Cuillin on Skye and Ben More on Mull. The traverse continues to the farm at Resipole along a good footpath alongside the Allt Mhic Chiarain. 7½ miles (12km) with 2,460ft (750m) of ascent
Wednesday: Free day
Thursday: Carn Dearg (Red Cairn) 834m
This Corbett is one of four which are situated in the beautiful Glen Roy with its unique geological feature of the Parallel Roads. At the east of the glen lies Carn Dearg which provides a very pleasant circuit around the corries of Carn brun Achain. 5½ miles (8½km) with 2,100ft (660m) of ascent
Friday: Beinn Maol Chauim (Calum’s Bare Hill) 907m
We approach the hill from Glen Etive and after a high ridge walk of 1km we gain excellent views of Bidean nan Bean and Glen Coe. The ridge continues over rough ground in the wild Fionn Ghleann, with the reward of a drink at the iconic Clachaig Inn to celebrate the week’s Corbett bagging. 5 miles (8km) with 2,690ft (820m) of ascent
This itinerary may be subject to change, depending on walking conditions during the week.
Discover the Highlands
Alltshellach is situated beside the shores of Loch Leven. This is a spectacular location with magnificent views of the surrounding mountains.
About 2 miles away, across the loch is the village of Ballachulish. Here you’ll find a post office, food store and bank. A much wider range of facilities can be found in Fort William, about 14 miles to the north.
As the adventure capital of Britain, the Lochaber region is a popular destination for all outdoor enthusiasts. During your stay in Glen Coe you may enjoy visiting the following activities and places of interest:
Jacobite Steam Train
Ride the Jacobite steam train from Fort William to Mallaig. This stunningly scenic line includes the famous Glenfinnan viaduct, featured in the Harry Potter films. Steam trains run every day and early booking is reccomended. www.westcoastrailways.co.uk/jacobite
Isle of Mull
Reached by car ferry from Oban, or Lochaline, Mull is one of the most popular Scottish islands. You could visit the colourful harbour at Tobermory or the abbey on Iona. www.calmac.co.uk/mull
Isle of Lismore
The peaceful island of Lismore is ideal for a relaxed exploration. You can hire bikes at Port Appin, about 30 minutes' drive south of Alltshellach, then take the short ferry crossing to the island.
The bustling harbour town of Oban, about 45 minutes' drive south of Alltshellach, is a popular destination. There's always plenty of activity around the harbour and its well worth the walk up to McCaig's Tower, a remarkable folly built in the style of a Roman ampitheatre, with commanding views over the town.
Eilean Donan Castle
Nearly 80 miles drive north from Alltshellach is this romantic and much photographed Scottish lochside castle. Located on a small island just offshore, the castle is isolated by the sea at high tide, only accessible via a stone bridge. www.eileandonancastle.com
Try your hand at ice climbing on the indoor wall at nearby Kinlochleven. www.ice-factor.co.uk
Travel to Glen Coe
Our address is: Alltshellach, Onich, Fort William, Invernesshire PH33 6SA
The nearest station is Fort William, however most guests travel to Glasgow then catch our transfer coach. For train times and general rail enquiries visit www.nationalrail.co.uk or call 03457 484950 (from outside the UK call +44 20 7278 5240).
Glasgow to Glen Coe transfer
We offer a coach transfer between Glasgow Buchannan bus station**, Glasgow airport and Alltshellach every Saturday. The transfer is £25 return and £15 for a single trip, but a place must be reserved in advance by calling our Reservations team on 0345 470 7558.
On arrival days our coach leaves Glasgow Buchanan Street bus station at 4.15pm, or Glasgow airport at 4.45pm. We will arrive at Alltshellach at 7pm which is in time for dinner on your first evening.
On departure day the transfer will get you back to Glasgow Airport by 11.30am and to Buchanan Street bus station by 12.00 noon.
** Buchanan Street bus station is about 15 mins walk from Glasgow central station (frequent buses are available) or 5 minutes walk from Glasgow Queen Street station.
If you are not travelling on a Saturday, the journey from either Glasgow Buchanan Street or the airport can be made using the Scottish Citylink bus, numbers 914 or 915. See www.citylink.co.uk for the timetable. Ask the driver to stop at the north side of Ballachulish Bridge - from here it is a 400 metre walk to Alltshellach.
From Glasgow take the A82 towards Crianlarich. Continue on the A82 towards Fort William. Head for Ballachulish keeping the village on your left. Go straight on at the roundabout over the steel bridge and take the second right B863 to Kinlochleven and the seafood restaurant. Alltshellach is 400 yards further on, on your right.
Travelling from overseas
Ideally book a flight to Glasgow Airport. From here you can join our coach transfer to Alltshellach (see above).
The next best option to fly to Manchester Airport, which has a better range of long-haul flights. There are trains from the airport to Glasgow (some direct, other need 1 change). Allow 4 hours to get to Glasgow, then join our coach transfer to Alltshellach. See www.nationalrail.co.uk for train times.
Dates & Prices
|Date||Description||Nights||Brochure price||Buy today for||Book|
|12 May 2018||LLCOR - Corbett Bagging I - Glen Coe||7||£845.00||£795.00||Book Now|
Prices are per person
- Premium single room: £15 per night
- Premium twin/double room: £10 per person per night
- Non-member associate fee: £10 per person