Explore the heart of the Austrian Tyrol, amidst the soaring peaks of the Stubai Alps, the broad Stubai Valley being one of the most scenic in the area. From our base in Neustift we can make use of the Stubaital’s excellent transport network to reach a wide variety of walks, suitable for everyone, to spectacular mountain summits and through lush, flower-filled valleys.
- Neustift's indoor pool and outstanding 'StuBay' Water Park
- Venture around the valley on the cable car systems with the Stubai Super Card
- Enjoy the thrill of the Mieders summer toboggan run
- Samply the Austrian tradition of hot chocolate and cake at the abundant mountain huts
- Benefit from reductions at a variety of attractions, including the ice caves on the Stubai glacier
THINGS TO DO AND PLACES TO SEE...
- Cable car rides in the mountains
- Wild waterfalls
- Ride the summer toboggan run
- Half Board 4-star Hotel accommodation. Evening meals are 5-course. Max guests in house: 40
- Daily choice of 2 walks as well as a Family walk guided by HF Holidays Leaders and a dedicated Family Leader
- ‘With flight’ holidays includereturn flights from the UK and hotel transfers
- All transport to and from the walks
- Stubai Card - free local buses and some cable cars as well as reduced entry to local attractions and free entry to 3 swimming pools
Welcome to Hotel Sonnhof. Unpack and settle in.
Distasnce: 4½ miles (7km)
Total ascent: 1,400 feet (420m)
In summary: We take the cable car in the village up to a meadow area with wild flowers and interesting information boards. Our circuit leads us to a mountain hut for refreshments and gives us plenty of time to look at the giant sundial.
Highlight: Spot the paragliders taking off.
Distance: Sightseeing plus 2 miles (3½km) walking
Total ascent: Negligible
Total descent: 700 feet (210m)
In summary: We head up to the very top of the valley and use the cable car to view the glaciers and high peaks. There is an opportunity to visit a cave right inside the glacier before we descend on the cable car and walk a section of the valley path to visit the massive Grawa waterfall.
Highlight: Marvel at the spectacular Grawa waterfall.
Distance: 3 miles (5km)
Total ascent: 200 feet (60m)
total descent: 800 feet (240m)
In summary: Another section of the valley path leads us past wild cataracts with viewing platforms, under a waterfall, and emerges to finish the day by a pretty lake with a play and activity area. There is also a lovely café for refreshments.
Highlight: The wild waterfalls along this route.
Each week there is a free day when no guided walks are offered. This is an ideal opportunity to relax around the hotel, walk independently (making use of the free travel afforded by the Stubai Supercard), or visit local places of interest. Some options may include:
Innsbruck: The capital of the Tyrol offers an interesting day out via bus or train. Places to visit include the Imperial Palace, Royal Gardens, Cathedral and the Golden Roof, or enjoy a stroll around the Old Town.
Mutterberg Glacier: Using the Stubai Supercard, it is possible to ascend to the top stations above Mutterberg for wonderful views, and even to walk on the glacier with optional visits to the Ice Cave.
For local information please visit www.stubai.at/ en/
Distance: 3 miles (5km)
Total ascent: 200 feet (60m)
In summary: Another section of the valley path leads us under a waterfall, and emerges to finish the day by a pretty lake. There is also a lovely café for refreshments.
Highlight: Stop for a refreshing hot chocolate in a local hut.
Distance: 6 miles (9½km)
Total ascent: Negligible
In summary: We catch the bus to Fulpmes and use the Schlick2000 lift to reach a stunning viewpoint with views up and down the Stubai valley. Then we spend the day descending the valley on a well-made path, passing more information boards on flora and fauna and some lovely wood carvings. After a stop at a big hut, we follow an activity trail and then the ‘Scheibenweg’, a wooden disc run which is fun for all ages! We finish at the middle cable car station.
Highlight: Can you spot all of the wood carvings en route?
We hope to see you again soon.
Hotel Sonnhof - Stubai Alps
The Pfurtscheller Family and their team welcome you to their 4-star hotel: Hotel Sonnhof. Located in the heart of the traditional village of Neustift im Stubaital, this hotel offers easy access to the local transport and shops. The Sonnhof offers an extensive spa area and restaurant with summer terrace with panoramic views. Bedrooms are fitted with traditional wooden furniture, large bathrooms and balconies. Neustift is located about 25km from the Tyrolean capital, Innsbruck. On a clear day, it is possible to see the southern part of the Italian Alps and the western summits of the Swiss mountains.
The hotel features 38 cosy, traditional and well-equipped en-suite rooms, with:
- Small room safe
The hotel has a delightful outside terrace with seating, the best place to relax and enjoy the views in the summer.
Guests can also relax and enjoy a drink at the atmospheric bar.
There is a wellness centre that features a sauna, steam room and a spa pool.
Food & Drink
Our holidays at Neustift are Half Board
Self-service buffet with cereals, fruit juices, fruit, cold meat & cheese, as well as pastries and some hot items.
Lunch (payable locally)
The hotel can provide pre-ordered packed lunches at an additional cost. Alternatively, ingredients for a picnic lunch can be purchased from local shops or it may be possible to eat at cafés or huts on certain days on the walks. Our leaders will advise you of the options.
A 5-course dinner is served in the restaurant. Vegetarian and special diets are catered for; we ask you to take a few moments to speak with the hotel management on arrival to advise them of your needs.
The hotel has a well-stocked bar serving local beers, wine and spirits.
The friendly atmosphere of our Guided Walking holidays continues into the evening.
Enjoy a glass of wine or beer whilst listening to your leaders outlining the next day's walks.
On some evenings there may be some live music and or you may just like to relax in the hotel bar or on the terrace outside chatting with your fellow guests.
Your leaders will be checking for local events going on nearby
What to Bring
To enjoy walking/hiking comfortably and safely, footwear, clothing and equipment needs to be suitable for the conditions. Safety and comfort are our priorities, so our advice is to come prepared for all eventualities.
- Footwear with a good grip on the sole (e.g.Vibram sole) is the key to avoiding accidents.
- Walking/hiking boots providing ankle support and good grip are recommended (ideally worn in), and specialist walking socks to avoid blisters.
- Several layers of clothing, which can be added or removed, are better than a single layer (include spares).
- Fabrics (lightweight and fast drying) designed for the outdoors are recommended.
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof over trousers.
- Warm hat and gloves.
- Denim jeans and capes are not suitable on any walks.
- Rucksack with a waterproof liner.
- Thermos flask for hot drink.
- Water bottle (at least 2 litre).
- Spare high-energy food such as a chocolate bar.
- Small torch.
- First aid kit – your leader’s first aid kit doesn’t contain any medication or blister kits (such as Compeed).
- Sun hat and sunglasses
- Sun cream.
- Walking poles are useful, particularly for descents.
- Insect repellent.
All holidays are subject to availability and prices are subject to change.
Non-member fee: £10 per person.
These departure dates can be booked with flights or as land only holiday options. All packages that include flights are ATOL protected. Advertised flight prices are based on UK flights departing from London. Regional departures and/or connections to London, if available, can be requested. Cabin upgrades may also be available on request.
|Date (Start - End)||Nights||Itinerary||Price||Status||Trip Notes||Book|
25 Jul - 01 Aug
|7||2020 Itinerary||£1,249||Available||Trip Notes||Enquire|
- Single room: £12 per night
- With flight holidays include flights from Heathrow.
- UK connecting flights to meet our Heathrow British Airways flight available from Manchester, Leeds Bradford, Newcastle, Glasgow or Edinburgh. £139
- Independent travellers can join our transfer from Munich Airport: £50 single
7 nights from £1,249pp with flights
...or call 020 3974 8865