Guided City Break to Seville & Cordoba
Code: SXLCLPrint page
A guided City Break with an HF Holidays’ leader is the ideal way to discover Seville. We’ll explore the cathedral, formerly a mosque, and enjoy the panoramic view of the Patio de los Naranjos from the bell tower. In Cordoba visits will include the Mezquita and the Jewish Quarter.
- Seville Cathedral, built on a grand scale on the site of the great mosque in the 12th century
- Cordoba’s Mezquita − absorb hundreds of years of history and admire the astonishing architectural style
- Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos − take some time to relax here in the impressively elaborate gardens
- Reales Alcazares − exquisite Moorish-style palace with beautiful carvings, decorated courtyard and extensive gardens
Great reasons to book with us:
- Great value: all prices include en-suite bed & breakfast accommodation in the centrally located Hotel Regina Eurostars
- Knowledgeable leader: explore the cities of Seville and Cordoba on foot, using some local transport, with our friendly leader
- Sociability: we pride ourselves on the sociable atmosphere of our holidays; explore together, relax together, and if you want, dine together in the evenings
Located close to the historic centre, the 3-star Hotel Eurostars Regina is decorated in typical Andalucian style and has 90 en-suite bedrooms.
Each day our experienced leader will lead you on a sightseeing walk of Seville or Cordoba, exploring the different areas of the city. Although you should expect to spend most of the day sightseeing by foot, we will use some local buses during the programme.
Highlights of the sightseeing programme include:
- Seville’s huge cathedral that dominates the centre of the old city. We’ll explore its gothic interior and visit the Giralda belltower, an inconic symbol of Seville
- Cordoba’s remarkable Mezquita: huge and astonishing in its architectural style
- Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos, Cordoba’s Moorish fortress. The formidable battlements offer an excellent birds-eye view over the city but most impressive are the elaborate gardens
- Reales Alcazares, in Seville, an exquisite Moorish style palace with beautiful carvings, richly decorated courtyards and extensive grounds.
Admission costs information
Admission costs are not included in this holiday. Please allow approximately €60. Reductions on entrance fees are often available for students and senior citizens, providing you can produce proof of your age or status. If you have a specific interest in a location on the itinerary and wish to know about this at a very detailed level, we suggest you purchase a souvenir guide en situ or make use of an audio guide.
Transport costs are not included in the cost of the holiday. You’ll need to purchase local bus tickets, which will cost approximately €12. We include the cost of the train trip to Córdoba.
Lunches can be bought during the day in local cafés - or you may prefer to make up a small packed lunch from the local shops. Your leader will advise the day before what the best options are. Allow around €10 per day for lunch snacks - more if you eat a leisurely lunch in a bistro/café.
Your evening meal will cost around €20 to €30, or more if you enjoy a local tipple. Why not try a local speciality while you’re here?
With Flight’ holidays
For flight times and prices please see the Dates & Prices tab.
We offer flights from Gatwick to Seville. If you book a ‘with flight’ holiday with us, we automatically include transfers between the airport and the hotel. The coach transfer takes 20 minutes.
All our overseas holidays can also be booked without a flight. This is ideal if you are travelling from overseas, or prefer to make your own arrangements from your local airport. If you choose this option the transfer to the hotel is not included.
Some City Break itineraries can involve sightseeing on your arrival day, depending on flight times. If you travel independently and arrive after the HF Holidays' flight, you may miss some of the first day's activities (see dates & prices tab for provisional flight times). If your flight arrival time coincides with that of the HF Holidays' flight you can join our hotel transfer at a cost of £11.00 (single). Transfers must be pre-booked. Please call 020 8732 1220. Please note that HF Holidays is not responsible for your onward travel if you fail to meet this transfer.
Rob studied geography and then town planning which has given him a lifelong interest in people and places. He has travelled widely in Europe and worldwide and has visited many of Europe's major cities. Rob likes to research historical and architectural history in relation to the cities he visits, as well as enjoying their present day attributes such as outdoor areas, markets, cafes and restaurants! Cities have distinctive characteristics which range from the musical and artistic to architectural icons and Rob endeavours to identify and explore them.
Read more reviews from feefo
Dates & Prices
|16 Oct 2017||SXLCL - Seville City Break - Without Flights||4||£405.00||Book Now|
Prices are per person
- Double room for sole occupancy: £14 per night (March), £26 (Oct)
- Extra night: £20 (March), £30 (Oct)
- Non-member associate fee: £10 per person