Improvers Ballroom & Latin Dancing Holiday in the Cotswolds
Practice your dancing in a fun and relaxed environment to get yourself Strictly ready! If you have previous experience of any of the Ballroom dances, this break is suitable for you. You’ll step out to dances such as the Waltz, Quickstep, Slow Foxtrot, Ballroom Tango, Cha-cha-cha, Jive, Samba and Rumba, building on techniques previously learned to improve your dance style. Our expert dance instructors will lead during dance sessions each day with evenings free to join in social dancing or relax and socialise with fellow dancers in a lounge or at the bar.
- Expert tuition from professional instructors
- No partner required
- Tuition and social dancing every day
- Learn in a fun, social and relaxed environment
- Free time to explore the local area
- High-quality Full Board en-suite accommodation and excellent food in our country house
- Tuition from our knowledgeable HF Holidays Leaders, to ensure you get the most from your holiday
- Solo travellers are welcome - dancers are encouraged to dance with others, so if you're on your own, you won't be left out
You're welcome to check-in to your room from 2:30 p.m. onwards (upgraded rooms from 1 p.m.) Please join us for afternoon tea.
Mornings will be spent learning and practising dance steps, all under the guidance of your experienced HF Holidays Instructor.
Your afternoons are free to explore the local area, relax in the country house or perhaps practise your dancing independently.
Evenings give you the opportunity for social dancing or relaxing in the house. There may also be some in-house activities for you to join in with if you wish.
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before making your way home.
In one of the prettiest spots in the Cotswolds, Harrington House provides a stylish escape in the form of a traditional country retreat, with the trimmings and flourishes you’d expect. All set in a stately Georgian house that mirrors the mellow architectural styles of the Cotswolds and retains many of its original features; the most breathtaking is the sunny walled garden, surrounded by attractive landscaped gardens. As well as 29 bedrooms, two lounges, a cosy bar and pleasant dining room, there are further feathers in this handsome house’s hat. Quintessential English countryside, described by JB Priestly as, ‘the most English and least spoiled of all our countryside’, is just a short stroll away with pretty villages such as Chipping Campden and the Slaughters, rolling landscapes and classic trails from the Cotswold Way to the Gloucestershire Way and Monarch Way waiting for you to discover them.
At the house
- Excellent boot and drying rooms
- Main house there is a lounge, dining room and a bar
- At the very top of the house is the observatory
- Free WiFi in public rooms
- Range of board games and books
- At the rear of the house there is an attractive walled garden with a large croquet law
All holidays at our Country Houses are full board accommodation including evening meal on arrival to breakfast on the day of your departure. All of our Country Houses have a well-stocked bar serving local beers, wine and spirits.
- Start your day with our extensive breakfast.
- Take your fill from our famous self-service picnic lunches
- A relaxed social dinner is a highlight of any stay at our Country Houses
Just relax and take it easy, or if you'd like to continue to chat with our guides and fellow guests then why not grab a drink or take part in one of our optional evening activities.
All of our bars are stocked with locally sourced drinks so you can really soak up your surroundings.
- Fire procedure is displayed in each room and explained to guests on arrival. Guests requiring assistance at an evacuation are identified at this time and door hanger cards are issued
- Mobile phone reception is generally good from the main building
- Assistance dogs accompanying visually or hearing impaired guests are welcome; dogs must be kept on a lead or harness at all times
- Information can be provided in large print
- Staff have received disability awareness training
- Special diets can be catered for. Specialist food can be obtained with prior notice
- Fridge for medication can be supplied
Tea & coffee-making facilities, TV, Hairdryer, Toiletries, Wi-Fi
Stay in one of the main building’s beautifully presented rooms or in the adjacent cottages. With 26 bright and airy bedrooms, Harrington House has plenty of space and there’s a range of Good, Better and Best Rooms to choose from: for a stylish stay opt for rooms 1 or 2, both large master bedrooms located on the first floor that come complete with some of the original Palladian features dating back to 1730, pretty feature wallpaper and views out of the front of the building of classic Cotswolds scenery. Alternatively, for a romantic hideaway, plump for Room 23 in the Windrush Cottage and toast your good taste in the private garden that adjoins this large twin room.
All ‘Good’ rooms are ensuite and furnished to a high standard. There are also several ‘Better’ and ‘Best’ Rooms that are either larger or have a desirable view, a more luxurious mattress, larger television, enhanced toiletries and a fluffy bathrobe & slippers – upgrade your stay for just an extra £15-20 per person per night. You can choose a specific room for an extra £30 per room, subject to availability. Upgrade supplements still apply.
Free Wi-Fi, boot room and drying room, attractive garden, multi-purpose activity room, lounge, library and board games to borrow
After a day ambling through the Cotswolds, come back to the house and its specially tailored walkers’ facilities. Relax by sitting in the gardens or having a game of croquet on the lawn. Retire to either of the two lounges or climb the sweeping stately staircase to the very top of the house where there’s an observatory looking out across the rooftops of the village. Then pop in to the snug bar for a pint of local ale and a chin wag with fellow guests about their discoveries.
Food & Drink
As at all our country houses, holidays are full board, from afternoon tea served as a welcome treat through that evening’s meal to a hearty breakfast on the day of departure. Lunch is a chance to stock up on our famous picnic snacks. Food at Harrington House is hearty and has a strong emphasis on ingredients from the area and seasonal produce. Once a week the dining room hosts a Local Food Night, when, over a sociable evening, you might tuck in to Cotswold leg of lamb, Bibury rainbow trout and a selection of Gloucestershire cheeses, accompanied with Harrington House homemade chutneys.
For accessibility and assistance information, please contact our expert team on 020 3974 8865
What to Bring
- Both men and women should bring shoes with a smooth sole
- Ladies should wear shoes with a low (or no) heel and ankle strap
- Strapless sandals, strapless shoes and trainers are not suitable
- Spray tans optional!
Roy Treloar & Andrea Snow
Roy Treloar & Andrea Snow are both Fully Qualified dance teachers with the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA). They run classes both at home and around the world, teaching on cruise ships. Social dancing is very much their life and hardly a day goes by without them attending a social dance somewhere around the country, The Blackpool Tower Ballroom being their favourite venue.
Their emphasis has always been on getting people onto the dance floor to enjoy the great fun to be had, be it Ballroom, Latin or Sequence Dancing. Their understanding of the pitfalls of social dancing on a very busy dance floor, allows them to show techniques in avoiding the problems of just trying to do set routines, as these are all too often all that is taught at other lessons.
All holidays are subject to availability. Prices are subject to change.
Prices based on two people sharing. Supplements may apply.
Non-member fee: £10 per person.
|Date (Start - End)||Nights||Itinerary||Price||Status||Trip Notes||Book|
02 Mar - 06 Mar
|4||Dancing||£305 £290||Unavailable to Book Unavailable||Trip Notes|
4 nights from £305pp £290pp
...or call 020 3974 8865