Landscape Photography in Kerry & Cork
Code: KNEPTPrint page
Hills & moorland
Capture the essence of Kerry and Cork in the South West of Ireland on camera. Explore and photograph the rugged beauty of the Ring of Kerry, the Dingle Peninsula, Bantry Bay and the awe-inspiring Mizen Head.
- Visit inspirational vistas of beautiful South West Ireland
- Spend most of the day outdoors seeking out the best light and the best images
- Our professional photography leader will guide and encourage
Great Reasons to Join Us
- Great value: price includes Half Board en-suite accommodation, guidance from our expert leader and transport to photography locations
- Accommodation: enjoy high quality accommodation and excellent food at Kenmare Bay Hotel
- Expert leaders: our leaders are expert in their field and will ensure that you get the most from your holiday
- Sociability: spend time with like-minded people in a fun and relaxed environment
Kenmare Bay Hotel
The 3-star Kenmare Bay Hotel sits on the edge of the pretty little town of Kenmare, facing the hills of the Kerry Way. The hotel has a pleasant restaurant, cosy bar with outside seating, and a large indoor swimming pool with sauna and spa pool.
HF Holidays Europe Partner Hotel Awards 2016
Silver Award for Dining.
The hotel has 127 bright and spacious en-suite bedrooms, all with direct dial telephone, flat screen TV, and hairdryer.
The hotel has a range of facilities including the Courtyard Bar, which has a cosy atmosphere. The courtyard terrace is a decked area off the bar where you can relax with a drink.
There is also the Bay Health Club, which includes a spa pool and swimming pool, gymnasium and extensive selection of beauty and holistic treatments available (payable locally).
Our holidays at Kenmare are on a Half Board basis and include breakfast and your evening meal. Two of your evening meals will be taken in local restaurants.
The hotel offers a a self-service buffet breakfast each morning with tea, coffee and toast served at the table.
A typical Irish breakfast includes sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, black & white pudding and soda bread. Should you prefer something a little lighter, you can choose from a selection of fresh fruit, croissants, cereal, and fruit juice.
Dinner is served in the Bay Restaurant, which focuses on local Kerry produce combined with fine wines and attentive service whilst enjoying views of the Kerry Mountains. For vegetarian option and any other special dietary requirements we recommend that you spend a few minutes discussing these with the hotel staff.
On two evenings, meals will be taken in local restaurants. One entertains our guests with storytelling and traditional Irish dancing and the other serves sumptious dishes.
The hotel has a well-stocked bar serving beer, wine and spirits.
Lunch (payable locally)
You can buy packed lunches from the hotel (order the night before). Alternatively ingredients for your picnic lunch can be bought from local shops; your leaders will advise you of the options.
Each evening your leaders will tell you about the next day's activities and answer any questions you may have. During the evening you may like to join in an optional organised activity, such as a quiz.
Sunday: Arrival day
Arrive in Kerry.
Monday: The Ring of Kerry
Ranked as one of the best scenic drives in Europe, this tour provides the perfect introduction to the landscapes of County Kerry. Featured stops will include Waterville, Coomakista Pass and Sneem.
Tuesday: Killarney National Park
Discover the magnificent scenery in the shadow of Carrauntoohil, the highest mountain in Ireland. We’ll take a walk on easy tracks with fantastic views to Muckross Lake and Abbey. It is possible to hire a jaunting car for a horse-drawn ride (optional charge).
Wednesday: The Ring of Beara
You’ll capture amazing, authentic scenes on this less-frequented peninsula, dominated by the Caha and Slieve Miskish Mountains. Castletownbere, a fishing port, is the main community and Dorsey Island is at the peninsula’s tip projecting into the Atlantic Ocean.
Thursday: Free Day
A free day for you to explore Kenmare, or relax in the hotel.
Friday: The Dingle Peninsula
We’ll explore some of Ireland’s most gorgeous and iconic scenery on Europe’s most westerly point, the Dingle Peninsula, which juts into the wild Atlantic. There’ll be plenty of stops to capture this amazing scenery, including at Inch, Dingle, Slea Head, Gallarus Oratory and the Conor Pass (subject to weather).
Saturday: West Cork Coast
Capture the views of some of Ireland’s most dramatic coast when we travel south of Kenmare to Bantry Bay and Mizen Head.
Sunday: Depart after breakfast
Please note: The hotel does not have digital projector facilities, but photographic advice will be offered daily on the field trips.
What to bring
- digital camera, DSLR, CSC (mirrorless), Bridge or Compact
- memory cards
- battery* and charger (essential)
- your camera’s instruction manual
- appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear, ideally walking boots
- bag or rucksack for your camera equipment, spare clothing, lunch, water, sunscreen etc
- notebook and pencil (pencils work better should it rain!)
Optional camera accessories (remember you will have to carry some of these and possibly also pay extra for them if you exceed your luggage allowance)
- spare memory cards
- spare camera battery*
- spare camera (you never know)
- small selection of lenses: wide angle, telephoto, macro, for example
- laptop for viewing images (whilst it’s not absolutely essential, bringing your own laptop will mean you get more from your photography holiday if you shoot digital)
- memory stick or CD for storing images
- camera rain-protector—a shower cap or plastic bag, or something more expensive if you prefer
* Spare batteries must be protected from damage or short circuit before and during flights. Please check with your airline before travel regarding any restrictions.
The "Emerald Isle" offers a multitude of interests for the visitor. If you are fascinated by ancient relics and their accompanying legends of fairies and leprechauns, or looking to uncover the past history of your ancestors, this is the place to visit. The countryside is green and lush and the area we visit is the home to the famous circular tourist trail; the Ring of Kerry.
The counties of Kerry and Cork are located on the wild southwest tip of Ireland and has an abundance of lakes and mountains creating a beautiful landscape to explore.
Kenmare: Kenmare is located between the Kerry Way and the Beara Peninsula and is a friendly town, full of colourful shops and pubs. The town is full of cultural interests making it worth exploring.
Seafari: There is a seal watching cruise that goes from Kenmare pier with the commentary of a marine biologist, a 2 hour cruise. There are complimentary hot drinks and cookies.
Gardens of Derreen: One of Ireland’s oldest and most established gardens, Derreen is regarded as one of the ten best gardens in Ireland. The gardens are full of rare and exotic plants many of which were brought back from hunting expeditions in the Himalayas and beyond.
We recognise that everyone’s travel arrangements are unique, so all our holidays to Europe can be booked ‘with flight’ or ‘without flight’, giving you more flexibility and choice.
‘With flight’ holidays – the hassle-free option
Book your holiday ‘with flight’ and choose between Heathrow, Manchester and Birmingham flights to Cork airport.
If you choose this option we automatically include return transfers between the airport and the hotel.
The coach transfer takes approx 1 hour 30 Minutes to the Kenmare Bay Hotel.
For flight times and prices please see the Dates & Prices tab.
‘Without flight’ holidays – the flexible travel option
Alternatively, tailor your journey to suit you by booking your holiday ‘without flight’ allowing you the freedom to book your own flights from your local airport.
If you choose this option, transfers are not included in the price. However, below are some suggestions to help you reach your destination:
- We can book you a seat on the HF Holidays’ transfer coach from Cork airport.
This is timed to meet the HF Holidays’ flights* (provisional flight times can be found on the dates and prices tab or you can call us on 020 8732 1220 for more information). Cost per single journey is £25.00.
- Why not let us book you a private taxi transfer at a cost of £120.00 per single taxi journey?
- If it would be more convenient we can also arrange transfers from Shannon and Kerry airport.
Shannon taxi transfer: £200.00 per single journey.
Kerry taxi transfer: £70.00 per single transfer.
Transfers must be pre-booked. Please call 020 8732 1220 for more details
* Please note that HF Holidays is not responsible for your onward travel if you fail to meet the transfer coach under any circumstance.
Derek has been leading Photographic Holidays for HF Holidays since 1995. In addition to providing clear and straightforward explanations (for beginners and the more experienced) of photo-techniques that are devoid of gobbledegook, he also has an in-depth understanding of the British countryside; essential for teaching wide-ranging aspects of landscape and architecture photography.
Dates & Prices
|25 Jun 2017||
KNEPT - Landscape Photography - Kenmare
Flight - Outbound
Flight - Return
|25 Jun 2017||KNEPT - Landscape Photography - Kenmare - Without Flights||7||£889.00||Book Now|
Prices are per person
Double room for sole occupancy: £15 per night
- Non-member associate fee: £10 per person