Climb it. Paddle it. Build it. Shoot it! Our Family Multi-Activity holidays offer something for all children aged 8 and over.
- Rock climbing & abseiling
- Labyrinth 3D cave maze experience
On our Guided Walking holidays, we believe that choice is key. Our walks descriptions will help you choose according to your interests and fitness. The walks are grouped together with care by local experts to give the best experience. While every effort will be made to adhere to the described itinerary, we may occasionally vary the sequence shown here or substitute an alternative route to suit local conditions or for other operational reasons, potentially at short notice.
Your room will be available from 2.30pm onwards. Please join us for tea between 4pm and 5pm to meet your leader and fellow guests. Before dinner there will be a holiday briefing. It is essential to attend this meeting as details of the week’s activities will be discussed, together with clothing and equipment requirements.
This morning we will get to know each other as we enjoy the fabulous labyrinth 3D cave maze experience. Later on we tackle some High Ropes activities.
Today we reach for the sky! It's mountain activities day, which includes rock climbing and abseiling
A free day to relax in the Country House or explore the area independently
We'll spend today having fun as we go ghyll scrambling
Today is all about water, enjoying canoeing and other water activities.
We're going underground and caving first today, before we try our hand at archery.
Depart after breakfast
Situated close to Malham in South Yorkshire’s portion of the famous Dales, Newfield Hall offers country-pile atmosphere amid beautiful rural surroundings. A grand country house, this stately, storied property retains many of its original nineteenth century features, from the grand entrance to the sweeping staircase inside. The Hall has 48 bedrooms, as well as two cosy lounges and an elegant bar, providing guests with a laid-back and unstuffy retreat with a generous sprinkling of style. The Dales and countryside on the doorstep are a rambler’s paradise, with easy access to Malham Cove and its deeply indented limestone pavement, Gordale Scar and Pen y Ghent as well as the pretty villages of Grassington and Kettlewell.
At the house
- Excellent boot and drying rooms
- Two lounges
- Dining room
- Multi-purpose activity room
- Range of board games and books
- Free WiFi is available in some public rooms
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Extensive gardens with views of the Yorkshire Dales
- Outside there is a walled garden and putting green
All holidays at our Country Houses are full board accommodation including evening meal on arrival to breakfast on the day of your departure. All of our Country Houses have a well-stocked bar serving local beers, wine and spirits.
- Start your day with our extensive breakfast.
- Take your fill from our famous self-service picnic lunches
- A relaxed social dinner is a highlight of any stay at our Country Houses
Just relax and take it easy, or if you'd like to continue to chat with our guides and fellow guests then why not grab a drink or take part in one of our optional evening activities.
All of our bars are stocked with locally sourced drinks so you can really soak up your surroundings.
- Fire procedure is displayed in each room and explained to guests on arrival. Guests requiring assistance at an evacuation are identified at this time and door hanger cards are issued
- Mobile phone reception is generally good from the main building
- Assistance dogs accompanying visually or hearing impaired guests are welcome; dogs must be kept on a lead or harness at all times
- Information can be provided in large print
- Staff have received disability awareness training
- Special diets can be catered for. Specialist food can be obtained with prior notice
- Hired equipment can be arranged for your stay with prior notice
- Fridge for medication can be supplied
Tea & coffee-making facilities, TV, Hairdryer, Toiletries, Wi-Fi
Stay in one of the main building’s beautifully presented rooms or in the tastefully converted coach house, which has been reimagined as pretty bedrooms, where pops of mustard contrast with the blue and teal furnishings. With 48 bright and well-appointed rooms, Newfield Hall is one of our largest properties and there’s a range of Good, Better and Best rooms to choose from: we love rooms 3 and 6, both of which are large corner rooms containing original features, with large bay windows overlooking the gardens and beyond the pristine farmland, hills, and yes, dales, of this picturesque pocket of Yorkshire: make use of the telescope trained through the window of Room 6 to scour the countryside for trails to explore.
All ‘Good’ rooms are ensuite and furnished to a high standard. There are also several ‘Better’ and ‘Best’ Rooms that are either larger or have a desirable view, a more luxurious mattress, larger television, enhanced toiletries and a fluffy bathrobe & slippers – upgrade your stay for just an extra £15-20 per person per night. You can choose a specific room for an extra £30 per room, subject to availability. Upgrade supplements still apply.
Free Wi-Fi, boot room and drying room, walled garden, putting green, heated indoor swimming pool, multi-purpose activity room, ballroom, library and board games to borrow
After a day exploring, return to the house and its specially tailored walkers’ facilities. Once settled, stroll the large gardens and gaze out over the Yorkshire Dales, or try your hand on the putting green. Slip in to the heated indoor swimming pool to soak while still being able to look out over the gardens. Make use of the activity room or simply retreat to one of the lounges: grab a book and curl up in the stylish Ingleborough Lounge or pull up a chair and challenge someone to cards and board games in the smart Pen-y-Ghent Lounge. Stop in the Heritage Room for inspiration at our helpful Discovery Point and look out for our founder T A Leonard’s boots, long since retired and sat on the mantlepiece. Pop in to the stylish bar before dinner for a pint of excellent local ale or a favourite gin, pausing to admire the maps set into the bar itself, and retire there later to strike up conversation with other guests and swap stories of your adventures in the Dales.
Food & Drink
As at all our country houses, holidays are full board, from afternoon tea served as a welcome treat through that evening’s meal to a hearty breakfast on the day of departure. Lunch is a chance to stock up on our famous picnic snacks. Food at Newfield Hall is varied and eclectic but has a strong emphasis on ingredients from the area and seasonal produce. Once a week the dining room hosts a Local Food Night, when, over a sociable evening, you might tuck in to locally sourced river trout, served with wild garlic oil and sautéed samphire, enjoy Yorkshire lamb three ways or try the Yorkshire tea and smoked Wensleydale souffle with wild mushrooms. Cap it all with a trio of Yorkshire parkin, Yorkshire pudding and Yorvdale dairy ice cream for a feast of regional flavours.
For accessibility and assistance information, please contact our expert team on 020 3974 8865
What to Bring
The following is recommended for each child:
- Day rucksack
- Walking boots
- Wellington boots
- Waterproof jacket
- 1 pair of old trainers (for wet activities) and 1 pair for dry activities
- Pair of slippers / indoor shoes
- 2 sweaters
- 3 T-shirts
- 4 changes of underwear
- 2 pairs of thick woollen socks
- 4 pairs of ordinary socks
- 2 pairs of trousers or tracksuit bottoms (jeans are not suitable)
- 2 towels
- Woollen hat
- Woollen gloves
- Large black bin liner (to take home any wet clothing)
- Tin of elastoplasts, tissues, toiletries
- Drinks bottle or small flask
- Sun hat
- Hair ties to tie back long hair
- Sun cream
- Additional everyday wear may be included for use in the evenings. Anyone who uses prescribed medicines (eg asthma inhalers) should ensure that they have this medication with them. Specialist equipment for each activity eg wetsuits, lifejackets, climbing helmets, caving equipment and lamps etc will be issued as needed.
7 nights from 0pp
...or call 020 3974 8865