Southern Snowdonia Through a Lens Holiday
With woods and water torrents on your doorstep, you’ll be able to capture nature’s wild heart on this photographic break. Mosses, ferns and wildflowers compete under the canopy for your attention – the dappled light may provide a few challenges! The coast at Barmouth offers completely different opportunities with estuary views, Victorian architecture and its picturesque harbour. Lift your lens to the turrets of Harlech Castle and use the Welsh hills as a backdrop. You could practise taking low angle shots at Tomen Y Mur and hone your landscape photography skills in the mountains of Snowdonia.
- Spend most of the day outdoors seeking out the best light compositions
- Be guided and encouraged by your professional HF Holidays Leader
- Visit the most inspirational vistas that surround the country house
- High-quality Full Board en-suite accommodation and excellent food in our country house
- Guidance and tuition from a knowledgeable HF Holidays Leader, to ensure you get the most from your holiday
- All essential transport to photography locations, via mini-coach or other modes of transport (e.g. boat)
You're welcome to check-in to your room from 2:30 p.m. onwards (upgraded rooms from 1 p.m.) Please join us for afternoon tea.
On this photography holiday, you will be visiting a range of locations which all have something different to offer. With your Leader in tow, you will explore the local area through the lens of your camera, practising techniques and gaining an array of top tips along the way. The full day will be spent outdoors so be sure to bring your sturdy shoes! Dispersed throughout the week shall be opportunities to review photos with your Leader and the group if needed.
Come ready to capture a variety of settings and subjects such as hills and mountains, lakes or waterfalls, townscapes and more!
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before making your way home.
What to Bring
- Camera and a selection of lenses if you have them (e.g. wide-angle, telephoto, macro, etc.)
- Spare battery and charger
- Your camera's instruction manual
- Laptop for reviewing, editing and sharing photos - not essential but good to have!)
Other optional camera kit may include tripods, Neutral Density filters, waterproof coverings for your camera, a spare memory card or a laptop for reviewing and editing images. Please feel free to bring any other items you use which are additional to this list.
You will be outdoors for the majority of this holiday, walking up to three miles each day (with some ascent and descent) carrying your kit. Please be sure to bring suitable outdoor clothing, sturdy boots and waterproofs to contend with our changeable British weather!
Robert Harvey is a leading outdoor photographer based in Wiltshire. An Associate of the Royal Photographic Society, he brings strong seasonal themes to his photographs, making use of different light and colours throughout the year. Over 270 of his images have been accepted in international exhibitions worldwide. He has photographed all Britain’s National Parks along with many renowned landscapes and wildlife destinations around the world.
All holidays are subject to availability and prices are subject to change.
Non-member fee: £10 per person.
|Date (Start - End)||Nights||Itinerary||Price||Status||Trip Notes||Book|
10 Apr - 14 Apr
|4||Through a Lens||£585 £545||Save £40 Per Person||Trip Notes||Book Now|
16 Jun - 20 Jun
|4||Through a Lens||£599 £559||Save £40 Per Person||Trip Notes||Book Now|
4 nights from £585pp £545pp
...or call 020 3974 8865