200 grams crushed digestive biscuits
100 grams melted butter
2 bananas sliced
150ml double cream
3 x 280g tubs full-fat cream cheese (not low-fat - this will stop the mixture from setting properly)
85g icing sugar, sifted
200g caramel sauce
For the topping
150ml double cream (keep chilled, it whips faster)
- For the base, mix the digestives with the melted butter in a bowl. Spoon the mixture into a 23cm springform cake tin and press firmly over the base with the back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge.
- Heat a frying pan until hot and add a knob of butter and the bananas, frying for 2-3 mins until golden brown. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and set aside to cool.
- Arrange the cooled bananas on top of the biscuit base.
- For the cheesecake, whisk the double cream using an electric whisk until softly whipped. Put the cream cheese and icing sugar in another large bowl and whisk until smooth. Make sure you don't over whisk the mixture as it will loosen and stop the cheesecake achieving a soft-set. Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese, as well as the maple syrup and the caramel sauce.
- Spoon the sweet cream cheese filling into the cake tin, covering the bananas, and use the back of a spoon or palette knife to spread evenly. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hrs (preferably overnight) to set.
- For the topping, whip the cream, put into a piping bag with a medium star-shaped nozzle and pipe small amounts on top of the cheesecake.
- Top with slices of banana and drizzle with caramel sauce