School Holiday family breaks
Love nature with the kids; give your children the chance to enjoy the great outdoors, create lasting memories and make new friends, then we have you covered during the school holidays!
Our family breaks, taking place each school holiday, are filled with wonderful walking, exciting games and fun activities, with carefully selected friendly leaders on hand to ensure your holiday with the family is action-packed from start to finish.
Parents... grandparents... we have 12 family fun destinations for your kids to explore and enjoy - what's a family holiday without laughter? We dread to think!
Here are our top 6 reasons to choose HF for your next family adventure:
- Plenty to do - Great walks in the stunning local countryside, fun-filled activities before and after dinner with plenty of time to rest in between. Many of our country houses have extensive grounds - perfect for outdoors games and some have swimming pools!
- Experienced leaders - Our friendly leaders provide all you'll need for a day's activity
- Superb accommodation - We pride ourselves on excellent accommodation so we deliver higher standards than what our guests expect from us - why settle for less, right?
- Fabulous food - Share your day's adventures over dinner at family-friendly times. Our kids' menu offers popular dishes, made with local products
- Family Walking Adventures - Make walking an adventure! On your travels play beach games, enjoy a train ride or explore a castle full of history - the kids will love it!
- Multi-activity Adventures - Want to get your hands a bit dirty? Older children will love these action-packed holidays, including kayaking, archery, climbing and caving - giving them an ultimate adventure
Now what for the adults... don't think we've missed you out! We know the perfect family holiday has a bit of something for everyone. You can relax and admire the view with a drink by the pool or on the terrace, participate in some organised crafts or games before dinner, enjoy a quiz in the evening, stretch out for some yoga on the lawn, or how about an evening sampling the local cheese and beer?
Whatever it is, we're sure you'll find something for the each of you - HF truly brings out the best in families.
Wanting a family holiday further afield? Our trusted base in Mayrhofen, Austria has been an asset to us for over 25 years! Hotel Waldhiem has won accolades from our guests for its outstanding service thanks to it's owner Helga Pfister and her family. A proper European family adventure!
At Newfield Hall, Malhamdale we're welcoming families for February half-term for a 4-night break - this historic country house is set in extensive grounds and is one of our largest properties.
- Take on the challenge of one of Yorkshire's Three Peaks
- Visit Ingleborough caves and find out about stalactites and stalagmites
- Explore pictureesque villages and waterfalls on the Dales Way
- Discover the amazing limestone pavement along Malham Cove - a Harry Potter film location!
- Scramble up Gordale Scar
Escape during the school holidays and enjoy the beautiful scenery high in the wonderful Zillertal Alps in Austria. The hotel overlooks peaceful Alpine meadows but is still only a few minutes' walk from the village centre and wonderful outdoor swimming pool complex. The friendly team and fabulous meals make this destination a favourite with families.
- Great Children's activities including Mayrhofen popular pool complex
- Ride the network of cable cars for easy access to the mountains
- Visit the pretty Alpine villages of the Zamsergrund Valley
- Enjoy superb views from broad summits, balcony paths and gondolas
- Stop off at friendly mountain huts for a refreshing drink with great views